With the intercession of Mary Queen of Peace, living our mission on a day-to-day basis requires all of us to commit to “foster a welcoming atmosphere that unites and brings each individual closer to Christ through sacred liturgy, social outreach, faith formation and the parish school”.
Listed below are some ways we can live out our mission in ways that help our parish and greater community.
If you have other ideas you’d like to share for community building, or would like to be on a team to plan and execute these ideas, please email email@example.com
- Adult Bible Study
- Adult Bible Study-Small Bites
- Pick a set time once or twice a month and publish topics in advance.
- Family Faith Sharing
- Guest Speakers
- Video Series
Fun for All Ages!
Pass the time on a Sunday afternoon learning something new with the church community.Share your Hobbies / Expertise!
- Scrapbook/paper crafting event in the fall or Jan/Feb- reserve a table,bring your own supplies, even work on digital photo books or cards: Suggest for tweens to adults
- Birdhouse making
- Beer brewing
- Bread baking
- Personal Finance
- Creative Writing
- Kids Crafts
- Friendship Bracelets
- Rosary Making
Game or Card night
Different games at different tables marked with appropriate ages. Learn a new game or play an old favorite with new friends.
Mom & Tots Tuesday
- Tied fleece blankets to donate to shelters
- Make cards for seniors or home-bound
- Assemble “hygiene kits” for shelters
- Make sandwiches for the homeless
- Christmas Giving Tree Decorations