The Catholic Church of Mary Queen of Peace was formerly St. Martin of Tours and St. Walburga.
In January, 2003, St. Walburga and St. Martin churches merged to form the Catholic Church of Mary Queen of Peace.
St. Walburga Roman Catholic Church is one of the oldest Catholic Churches in Northwest Hennepin County. The parish was founded in 1857. The original site of the church was on County Road 117, about one quarter mile west of County Road 116. A small parish cemetery remains. The present church, built in 1883, replaced an 1880 structure. St. Walburga operated a school until the 1970’s. In 2022, St. Walburga Church was changed to an Oratory status and was renamed to the Oratory of St. Walburga.
St. Martin of Tours Roman Catholic Church was founded in 1912 with a grade school beginning in 1950. Mary Queen of Peace Catholic School currently serves pre-K through 5th grade. Please call the school office at 763-428-2355 for more information.